So bye bye July, what a month you were. The heatwave nearly killed me, thank God that it only lasted about 3-4 days.
EEEEEEEEEEH, I’m a born and bred Canadian. I like my summer’s warm, but not scorching hot. What I really love is the fall, it’s my favorite season but it was the winter that I was dreaming for during that heatwave. I made a promise to God that I would NEVER complain about the rain again and I’m sticking to it.
So for besides those 4 days in hell where you could hardly move, we had a great summer already.
I would not be a mom blogger if I did not share with you another list of must doe’s, just to give you all some inspiration so here are the best summer activities we did so far.
Just a reminder: I’m a Canadian native living in the suburbs of Antwerp Belgium. I’m a mom of three, with two “kids” still living at home. My 25-year-old daughter and my 5-year-old son. We are sometimes accompanied by our two Doxies Toby and Charlie. And we travel mainly by cargo bike or transit.
This is what we have done so far
- Went camping at the
- Visited the Zoo of Antwerp.
- Went to a few Summer Bars (this is an activity that both miss 25 and mister 5 enjoy together)
- Visited Bokrijk and it’s
- Made biodegradable paper boats to let float in a nearby stream.
- Went to the local petting zoo
- Visited the Wijnegem Shopping mall for the Lego store and for the huge sandbox at the main entrance.
- Had a magical fairytale visit to the Efteling. (OUR FAVORITE)
- Visited the local swimming pool Elshout on the last Friday of the month when it’s DISCO Friday! Mister 5-year-old boogied on a surfboard.
- Visited many different playgrounds.
We also did quite a bit of crafting, lego building, baking and board games. Looking at the upcoming weather forecast for the next week, it looks like we will be doing more of those things in August.
So you don’t need to go on far away exotic trips during the summer, just explore your surroundings.
“Mommy, I have such a fun life”…mister 5 year-old during bedtime.
I must be doing something good.