Why do I need a Self-care plan do you ask?
This past year and a half of my life looked like a badly written sitcom storyline.
- The finding out that my husband was an abuser and a narcist.
- The lengthy trial
- Moving twice. Just moved actually last week, during COVID, and whilst they decided to break open my street for waterworks. Was I stressed? What do you think?
- The ex-husband going to jail.
- Did I mention COVID? Then lockdown?
- And then trying to homeschool, move and provide my family with a bit of stability after all of this.
And everything has started to hit me right now. Probably because we are now settling down. Maybe because the restrictions of the lockdown are slowly loosening and I’m not ready to leave my safe bubble yet.
So, it’s due time to do some self-care and hopefully it will look a bit like this.
Ways to Self-Care:
1. Read more. I have bought 10 books this past year and have only read two.
2. Take more walks/bike rides with the dogs and son.
3. Ignoring news that is designed scare to scare me (us).
4. Finally focus on that hobby that brings me joy. (it’s a secret what,shhht)
5. Spending more silent time with God. Just quietness.
5. Taking a Facebook sabbatical as it’s been giving me some stress lately. I’m not deleting it, I will be back as I find it really helpful. But lately it’s been making me feel bad and insufficient. So I need a break. Yet , you can still find me on Twitter 😀
Anything that you would add to this Self-care plan? Lemme know!
Sidenote in reference to Facebook:
Unbelievers may use my story to point out hypocrisy and sin in the church, and they are right in doing so (my husband being a proclaimed Christian), but the very existence of my faith is proof that God is real, for, without Him, I’d have lost my faith a long time ago. And so, by calling out abuse, I proclaim Jesus Christ.